Answer these questions honestly for yourself:
1. Do you require a drink the next morning?
2. Do you prefer to drink alone?
3. Do you lose time from work do to drinking?
4. Is drinking harming your family in any way?
5. Do you have a drink at a definite time each day?
6. Do you get the inner shakes unless you continue drinking?
7. Has drinking made you irritable?
8. Does drinking make you careless of your family's welfare?
9. Have you thought less of your spouse since drinking?
10. Has drinking changed your personality?
11. Does drinking cause you bodily complaints?
12. Does drinking make you restless?
13. Does drinking cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
14. Has drinking made you more impulsive?
15. Have you less self control since drinking?
16. Has your initiative decreased since drinking?
17. Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
18. Do you lack perseverance in pursuing a goal since drinking?
19. Do you drink to obtain social ease?
20. Do you drink for self-encouragement?
21. Do you drink to relieve feelings of inadequacy?
22. Has your sex drive suffered since drinking?
23. Do you show marked dislikes and hatreds since drinking?
24. Has your jealousy increased since drinking?
25. Do you show moodiness as a result of your drinking?
26. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?
27. Has drinking made you more sensitive?
28. Are you hard to get along with since drinking?
29. Do you turn to an inferior environment since drinking?
30. Is drinking endangering your health?
31. Is drinking affecting your peace of mind?
32. Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
33. Is drinking jeopardizing your business or job?
34. Is drinking clouding your reputation?
35. Is drinking disturbing the harmony of your life?
36. Have you ever had a loss of memory(blackout) while or after drinking?
37. Have you ever felt an inability to concentrate while or after drinking?
38. Have you ever felt "remorse" after drinking?
39. Has a physician ever treated you for drinking?
40. Have you ever been hospitalized for drinking?
If you have answered YES to any one of the Test Questions, there is a definite warning that you may be an alcoholic.
If you answered YES to any two of the Test Questions, the chances are that you are an alcoholic.
If you answered YES to three or more of the Test Questions, you are definitely an alcoholic.
What to do now? Go here